TERMS OF SERVICE
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
A. By using and/or visiting this website (collectively, including all content available through the Audiopub.com domain name and any country-specific domains or subdomains thereof and all Audiopub-branded apps on iOS and Android, the "Audiopub.com Website", or "Website", or mobile applications accessing or associated with Audiopub.com), you signify your agreement to (1) these terms and conditions (the "Terms of Service"), (2) Audiopub.com's privacy notice, incorporated here by reference, and (3) Audiopub.com's Community Guidelines, also incorporated here by reference ("Agreement"). If you do not agree to any of these terms, the Audiopub.com privacy notice, or the Community Guidelines, please do not use the Audiopub.com Website.
B. Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to these Terms of Service, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version. Audiopub.com may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise these Terms of Service and policies at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
A. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the Audiopub.com Website, including users who are also contributors of text content, information, and other materials or services on the Website.
B. The Audiopub.com Website may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by Audiopub.com. Audiopub.com has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites. In addition, Audiopub.com will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party site. By using the Website, you expressly relieve Audiopub.com from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.
A. In order to access some features of the Website, you will have to create a Audiopub.com account. You may never use another's account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify Audiopub.com immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
B. Although Audiopub.com will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable for the losses of Audiopub.com or others due to such unauthorized use.
C. You will not create an account if you are under 13 years of age.
D. You will not use Audiopub if you are a convicted sex offender.
E. You are encouraged to create no more than one account. Using multiple accounts for any malicious activity will result in immediate account termination.
F. The administration of the site reserves the right to terminate any account without notice.
4. GENERAL USE OF THE WEBSITE
Audiopub.com hereby grants you permission to access and use the Website as set forth in these Terms of Service, provided that:
A. You agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the Website, including but not limited to User Submissions (defined below), without Audiopub.com's prior written authorization.
B. You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Website.
C. You agree not to access User Submissions (defined below) or Audiopub.com Content through any technology or means other than the Website and Audiopub apps.
D. You agree not to use the Website for any commercial use, without the prior written authorization of Audiopub.com. Prohibited commercial uses include any of the following actions taken without Audiopub.com's express approval:
* sale of access to the Website or its related services on another website;
* use of the Website or its related services for the primary purpose of gaining advertising or subscription revenue;
* the sale of advertising, on the Audiopub.com website or any third-party website, targeted to the content of specific User Submissions or Audiopub.com content;
* and any use of the Website or its related services that Audiopub.com finds, in its sole discretion, to use Audiopub.com's resources or User Submissions with the effect of competing with or displacing the market for Audiopub.com, Audiopub.com content, or its User Submissions.
E. You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers," that accesses the Website in a manner that sends more request messages to the Audiopub.com servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Audiopub.com grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. Audiopub.com reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Website, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Website (e.g. comments, email) for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Website with respect to their User Submissions.
F. In your use of the Website, you will otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service, Audiopub.com Community Guidelines, and all applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations.
G. Audiopub.com reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the Audiopub.com Website at any time.
5. USE OF CONTENT ON THE SITE
In addition to the general restrictions above, the following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of content on the Audiopub.com Website.
A. The content on the Audiopub.com Website, except all User Submissions (as defined below), including without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, interactive features and the like ("Content") and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein ("Marks"), are owned by or licensed to Audiopub.com, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law. Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be downloaded, copied, modified, produced, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, translated, published, performed or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners. Audiopub.com reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website and the Content.
B. You may access User Submissions solely:
* for your information and personal use;
* as intended through the normal functionality of the Audiopub.com Service;
C. You may access Audiopub.com Content, User Submissions and other content only as permitted under this Agreement. Audiopub.com reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Audiopub.com Content and the Audiopub.com Service.
D. You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Content other than expressly permitted herein, including any use, copying, or distribution of User Submissions of third parties obtained through the Website for any commercial purposes.
E. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Audiopub.com Website or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Audiopub.com Website or the Content therein.
F. You understand that when using the Audiopub.com Website, you will be exposed to User Submissions from a variety of sources, and that Audiopub.com is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such User Submissions. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Submissions that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Audiopub.com with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold Audiopub.com, its Owners/Operators, affiliates, and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the site.
6. USER SUBMISSIONS AND CONDUCT
A. As a Audiopub.com account holder you may submit textual, audio, visual, or audiovisual content including but not limited to stories, poetry, polls, profile images, forum messages or instant messages. User submitted content are collectively referred to as "User Submissions." You understand that whether or not such User Submissions are published, Audiopub.com does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Submissions.
B. You shall be solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. In connection with User Submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize Audiopub.com to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all User Submissions and have all necessary consents to collect, use and disclose any personally identifiable information contained or displayed in any and all User Submissions to enable inclusion and use of the User Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Website and these Terms of Service.
C. For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your User Submissions. However, by submitting User Submissions to Audiopub.com, you hereby grant Audiopub.com a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, display, and perform the User Submissions in connection with the Audiopub.com Website and mobile apps. You also hereby grant each user of the Audiopub.com Website a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Website. You understand and agree, however, that Audiopub.com may retain, but not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of User Submissions that have been removed or deleted.
D. In connection with User Submissions, you further agree that you will not submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner and the necessary consents from any individuals whose personally identifiable information is contained in such material to post the material and to grant Audiopub.com all of the license rights granted herein.
E. You further agree that you will not, in connection with User Submissions, submit material that is contrary to the Audiopub.com Community Guidelines, which may be updated from time to time, or contrary to applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations.
F. Audiopub.com does not endorse any User Submission or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and Audiopub.com expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Submissions. Audiopub.com does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on its Website, and Audiopub.com will remove all Content and User Submissions if properly notified that such Content or User Submission infringes on another's intellectual property rights or contravenes any applicable privacy legislation. Audiopub.com reserves the right to remove Content and User Submissions without prior notice.
7. ACCOUNT TERMINATION POLICY
A. Audiopub.com will terminate a User's access to its Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the User is determined to be an infringer.
B. Audiopub.com reserves the right to decide whether Content or a User Submission is appropriate and complies with these Terms of Service for violations other than copyright infringement or privacy law, such as, but not limited to, hate crimes, pornography, obscene or defamatory material, or excessive length. Audiopub.com may remove such User Submissions and/or terminate a User's access for uploading such material in violation of these Terms of Service at any time, without prior notice and at its sole discretion.
8. COPYRIGHT POLICY
As part of Audiopub.com',s copyright policy, Audiopub.com may terminate user access to the Website if a user has been determined to be an infringer. To file a copyright infringement notification with us, you will need to send a communication to us with all of the following information in it, using this format:
1. Include a statement telling us that you have found a content on Audiopub.com which you believe infringes your copyright (for example, "I hereby confirm that I believe the story identified below infringes my copyright").
2. Tell us which country your copyright applies to.
3. Tell us the title of the content concerned and the full URL for its page.
4. Explain to us in what way that content infringes your copyright (e.g. the text is copied, the entire story is a copy of an original work made by you, etc.)
5. Identify the type (e.g. a book, a short story, a poem, etc.). and details of (e.g. title, publisher, dates, etc.) the copyright work which you own the rights in, and which you believe has been infringed. If this information is available on the internet, it is helpful to send us a link.
6. Let us have contact information so that we can get in touch with you (email address is preferred).
7. Let us have the contact information which we can pass on to the submitter of the content concerned, so that they can get in touch with you to resolve your complaint directly (email address is preferred).
8. Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted work described above is not authorized by the copyright owner (or by a third party who is legally entitled to do so on behalf of the copyright owner) and is not otherwise permitted by law. I swear that the information contained in this notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or have an exclusive right in law to bring infringement proceedings with respect to its use."
10. Sign the notice. If you are providing notice by e-mail, a scanned physical signature or a valid electronic signature will be accepted.
11. Send the notice, in English, to the following address:
Attn: Audiopub.com Copyright Infringement Notification
Please also note that the information provided in this legal notice may be forwarded to the person who provided the allegedly infringing content.
Make sure you know whether the content that you have seen on Audiopub.com infringes your copyright. Be aware that there may be adverse legal consequences in your country if you make a false or bad faith allegation of copyright infringement by using this process.
If you submit a User Submission to the Audiopub.com Service then you authorize Audiopub.com to act as your agent to issue take down notices under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”) and/or any other similar legislation that allows for the submission of requests to Internet service providers for the removal of infringing or allegedly infringing copyright materials that are contained in or displayed on such service providers platforms and/or services. In general you will be responsible for monitoring and enforcing your rights in your User Submissions, however, in certain cases if Audiopub.com becomes aware of infringement of User Submissions and/or Content from the Audiopub.com Service, then Audiopub.com may in its sole discretion elect to issue take down notices under the DMCA or similar legislation to attempt to curtail such infringement.
9. WARRANTY AND CONDITION DISCLAIMER
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE AUDIOPUB.COM WEBSITE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AUDIOPUB.COM, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND PARTNERS (INCLUDING MANUFACTURERS OF DEVICES THAT EXECUTE MOBILE APPLICATIONS ACCESSING AUDIOPUB.COM) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER WRITTEN, ORAL, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, LEGAL, STATUTORY, CONTRACTUAL, EXTRA-CONTRACTUAL, DELICTUAL OR IN TORT, AND WHETHER ARISING BY LAW, STATUTE, USAGE OF TRADE, CUSTOM, COURSE OF DEALING OR PERFORMANCE, OR THE PARTIES' CONDUCT OR COMMUNICATION WITH ONE ANOTHER, OR AS A RESULT OF THE NATURE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THE WEBSITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF OR IN CONFORMITY WITH USAGE, EQUITY OR LAW OR OTHERWISE. AUDIOPUB.COM MAKES NO WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS SITE'S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY, BODILY, MORAL OR MATERIAL DAMAGE OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE AUDIOPUB.COM WEBSITE. AUDIOPUB.COM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR OR GENERAL PURPOSE, QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, WORKMANSHIP, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR TITLE AND OWNERSHIP. AUDIOPUB.COM DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE AUDIOPUB.COM WEBSITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND AUDIOPUB.COM WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE PROVISIONS OF THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON CONTRACTS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
10. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL AUDIOPUB.COM, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY, BODILY, MORAL OR MATERIAL DAMAGE OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE AUDIOPUB.COM WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER ARISING BY LAW, STATUTE, USAGE OF TRADE, CUSTOM, COURSE OF DEALING OR PERFORMANCE, OR THE PARTIES' CONDUCT OR COMMUNICATION WITH ONE ANOTHER, OR AS A RESULT OF THE NATURE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR IN CONFORMITY WITH USAGE, EQUITY OR LAW OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT AUDIOPUB.COM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER SUBMISSIONS OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. Audiopub.com makes no representations that the Audiopub.com Website is appropriate or available for use in their locations. Those who access or use the Audiopub.com Website do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Audiopub.com, its parent corporation, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, demands, causes of action, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses, (including but not limited to reasonable legal fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Audiopub.com Website; (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms of Service; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, intellectual property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that one of your User Submissions caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms of Service and your use of the Audiopub.com Website.
12. ABILITY TO ACCEPT TERMS OF SERVICE
You affirm that you are either more than the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service. You affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the Audiopub.com Website is not intended for children under 13.
These Terms of Service, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Audiopub.com without restriction.
You agree that: the Audiopub.com Website shall be deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over Audiopub.com, either specific or general. These Terms of Service, together with the Privacy Notice at http://www.Audiopub.com/privacy and any other legal notices published by Audiopub.com on the Website, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and Audiopub.com concerning the Audiopub.com Website. If any provision of these Terms of Service is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms of Service, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of this these Terms of Service shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and Audiopub.com's failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Audiopub.com reserves the right to amend these Terms of Service at any time and without notice, and it is your responsibility to review these Terms of Service for any changes. Your use of the Audiopub.com Website following any amendment of these Terms of Service will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LOCAL LAW, YOU AND AUDIOPUB.COM AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE AUDIOPUB.COM WEBSITE MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In providing our Services, we and our service providers may collect the following information from you:
· To the extent registration is enabled, information submitted by you when you register, such as your year of birth, email address, password, your child’s age and a name for your child’s profile
· Information when you purchase a subscription to the Audiopub Service such as your payment information, mailing address, and telephone number.
· Information that you provide in public forums or otherwise voluntarily submit through our product features.
· Information you provide when customizing your story.
We and our service providers may also collect information from you as you use our Services, including:
· Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services you are using. We use this information to help ensure that the Services function properly.
· Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compiled statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
· IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the pages that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practices and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
· By aggregating information: Aggregated information does not identify you or any other user of the Services (for example, we may aggregate information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use these types of information in the following ways: 1) To provide you with the Audiopub Service and any features or services you might request (e.g., monthly subscription); 2) To send you updates about the Audiopub Service (including any updates on product features or policies); 3) To communicate with you about purchases or your account; 4) To provide you with personally relevant Content or product features; 5) To send you feedback on your child's reading progress; 6) To investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal; and/or 7) For gathering anonymous aggregate information from all our users to improve the products and services offered through the Audiopub Service.
3. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Your information may be disclosed:
· To our service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
· To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
· As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use and disclose information that does not identify or otherwise directly relate to an individual for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. For example, we may share aggregated information publicly to demonstrate growth trends related to the usage of the Audiopub Service in certain areas.
4. TRANSPARENCY AND CONTROLS
We understand and respect your privacy concerns at Audiopub. Accordingly, we provide you with the ability to make certain choices related to our collection, use, and sharing of your information. These choices may include:
· You may delete the application
· You may make choices regarding subscriptions, updates, and product alerts
· You may tell us if you want to receive offers and promotions from us and/or third parties
· You may request access to the personal information that we have collected on your account and ask us to change or delete it
5. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Any child under the age of 13 using the Audiopub Service must do so with permission from a parent. All full names, email addresses, and credit card billing information must be from a parent or guardian. We encourage parents to take an active role in their children's activities and interests on their devices. When customizing your story, we may ask a series of questions regarding the character’s details in the story, like name, age, interests, and gender. This information is used to customize content and we do not consider customized character details to be personal information. We do not use or disclose this information for any other purposes except to provide you with quality service. Any data that is shared is done so on an anonymous, aggregate basis among all users or is related to communicating reading behavior patterns to publishers.
6. THIRD PARTY SERVICES
In circumstances where your personal information is collected, we use reasonable procedural and digital security measures that are designed to help protect against loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of information and data, such as password protection and secure socket layer. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe the security of your account has been compromised, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below
9. CONTACT US
If you would like to opt out of marketing communications from Audiopub you can do so by emailing: unsubscribe@Audiopub.com or by following the unsubscribe link in each such communication. If you would like to contact us with questions or feedback, please email: support@Audiopub.com.
Audiopub is owned and operated by Audiopub, LLC, 18 Coniston Ct, Princeton, NJ 08540
We love stories at Audiopub. Storytelling is what we do. That’s why our goal is to create a safe and comfortable space for everyone to discover and create.
That’s why we need to make sure you’re fully aware of the types of content you might find and read on Audiopub, and the types of content you can and cannot post.
So, before you post anything on Audiopub, please consider the following guidelines:
· The story you’re about to post, as well as all associated media, is appropriate for the community, and has been correctly rated, where applicable.
· The story is entirely your own original work, or you have the author’s permission to post it.
· The story has been placed in the correct category (such as Romance, Science Fiction, Fanfiction, etc.).
If you come across any content that violates our guidelines, let us know by reporting it.
Rating Your Story
All creators are expected to rate their stories as either Mature, or for Everyone, according to the guidelines provided below. If you come across a story that has been rated incorrectly, you can let us know by reporting ir. Please note that we will change your rating if it does not comply with these guidelines.
Mature stories are intended for an audience that is 17 and up. There are restrictions on discovering Mature stories on Audiopub that help ensure they reach the correct audience. A story must be rated Mature if it contains any of the following:
· A sex scene
· Self-harm themes or scenes (including suicide and eating disorders)
· Graphic depictions of violence
· Media containing partial nudity, BDSM imagery, graphic violence, or gore
If your work does not meet the definitions of Mature above, but you still feel your work is intended for a mature audience, you can still select this rating when you create your story.
Stories rated Everyone are intended for an audience that is 13 and up. These stories contain no Mature content, but may contain:
· References to sex
· References to self-harm
· Non-graphic depictions of violence.
The following guidelines list content that is not allowed on Audiopub. This is not an exhaustive list, and we reserve the right to remove any content that we deem inappropriate.
Sex on Audiopub
The following sexual content is not allowed on Audiopub, and will be removed:
· Pornographic stories
· Stories containing sexual content with persons under the age of 16.
· Stories encouraging or promoting non-consensual sex
· Stories intended solely for sexual roleplay or messaging
· Stories which encourage any other illegal sex acts, such as bestiality or necrophilia.
Media on Audiopub
Media on Audiopub includes images, videos, gifs, and sound clips. The following Media is not allowed on Audiopub, and will be removed:
· Media containing full exposure of any private parts, such as genitalia, breasts and buttocks.
· Media displaying sexual intercourse, or any other sexual act, regardless of whether private parts are visible.
· Media displaying self-harm or suicide
· Images of people posted without their consent, except for public figures and celebrities.
· Any other media which captures an illegal act.
Talking about Others:
Sharing opinions on stories and the quality or style of writing is ok, but don’t post any content that:
· Bashes a user purely for personal reasons
· Reveals any personally identifying information about other people, including real names, addresses, other contact information, physical descriptions, or private photographs/videos
· Actively promotes violence or hatred. The promotion of hatred on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, age, or sexual orientation, or content that is intended to bully, threaten, or harass others, is also strictly prohibited. We aim to create a safe community for everyone on Audiopub, so be kind, respectful, and please treat others as you would want to be treated
Self-Harm on Audiopub:
If you or someone you know is struggling with thoughts of self-harm or suicide, please know that help is available. For residents in the U.S. and Canada, please contact 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Help for other countries: http://w.tt/1csPgyo.
· Any content that encourages or gives instruction on self-harm will be removed. Self-harm includes suicide and eating disorders
· Discussions about recovery and support are completely acceptable on Audiopub. Stories or discussions which aim to place a negative light on the consequences of self-harm and eating disorders are not a violation.
· Any content that advertises products or services unrelated to, or not sanctioned by Audiopub is not permitted and will be removed.
At Audiopub we value the incredible amount of dedication and commitment that goes into the creation process, so helping creators protect their rights is our top priority.
· Posting the copyrighted works of others without their legal consent is strictly prohibited.
· Posting on behalf of an author and giving credit to them is still a violation of copyright.
· Adaptations or slight alterations to a work, such as changing names, are a violation of copyright.
· Any works posted in violation of these rights will be promptly removed and may result in immediate account closure.
If you believe that your copyrights have been violated, please report it to us immediately by submitting a formal Digitial Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) notice to copyright@Audiopub.com. The Audiopub community is also encouraged to report any instances of copyright infringement by clicking on the story’s ‘Report’ button, where applicable. For more information, see our Copyright Policy and Terms of Service.